Smart Pet Camera Singapore
One of the hardest things for pet owners in Singapore is to leave their pets at home alone whether it is your dog or cat. It's a top priority to ensure your pet is safe (and not getting into trouble) while you're gone. As you can read from various internet news, pets can miss us too. For example, In 2019, a Taiwanese shared on Facebook how his dog will sit a the door to wait for his master to come back home thanks to his security camera. Just recently, a pet cat was caught crying in the IP camera after his owner left him at home to celebrate the Lunar New Year. However thanks to technology in the form of pet cameras, we are able to see what our pets are doing while we're not at home.
Here are some of the reasons why you should buy a pet camera:
- Can be helpful to keep an eye on your pet’s health, moderate their behaviour, and engage with them while you’re away as it will alert you if your dog or cat is hungry, anxious, or stressed
- Great for putting your mind at ease, especially when your cat or dog is young and you both might feel a bit of separation anxiety. When you’re gone, your pet can get bored, lonely, and anxious. Especially if you often need to work overtime or you spend long days at the office and simply miss your pet.
- For interacting with your pets and keeping them engaged during the day.
- For keeping your pet safe — many pet cams offer bark and/or smart alerts to inform of your pet's activities
- Last but not least: you need a pet camera for funny and cute videos of your four-legged friends’ mischievous acts.
Choosing a Pet Camera
What's Available ?
Looking for the best pet cameras in Singapore, here are the must-have features:
Two-way communication -ability to interact with their dogs and cats through two-way audio and some even offer two-way, live-streaming video. This allows your pet to hear your voice, interact with you. With two-way communication, you can always check in on your pets and calm them down with your voice and or video.
Remote Viewing on Phone - See what your dog or cat is up to while you’re gone for example while you’re at work or on vacation. Some pet cameras will allow you to watch live footage on your phone or stored in the cloud. This will allow you to see what’s happening at home and give you greater peace of mind that your pet is okay.
Motion Detection - Send motion and noise alerts to your phone. Most pet cameras come with the functionality of sending notifications to your phone when activity is detected nearby. Some cameras will even take short video clips and send them to you so you also get a visual of your pet. Another cool alert feature is noise detection, which involves sending out alerts if your dog barks, signalling that he or she may have heard something outside. Once video clips are captured, some cameras will give you the ability to store them in the cloud.
Camera Quality: For the quality image of your pets, you should get a camera that not only provides a wide-angle view but also with HD resolution preferably at 1080P.
Pan, Zoom, Tilt Feature: Pets are usually very active as such a pet camera with a pan/tilt camera that can track the movements of objects is a must-have so that you follow your pets as they play and go about their activities. Nooie IPC100 Cam 360 pet camera is one such camera.
Decent Night Vision: Pets can be quite active at night as such a camera with good night capability will be able to capture what they are up in the night.
Where should I place my Pet Camera and to train my pets to come to the Camera ?
The place for your pet camera is placing it (or slightly above) at your pet’s eye level to give you the best viewing angle. The best way to capture video footage of your pets is to train your pet to come to the pet camera. Here's how it works:
- Positive reinforcement works best. to condition your pet to come to the camera.
- Start by showing the camera to your pet, and dispense a treat. This shows them where the camera is and that it’s safe. Then, use two-way audio to call them to the device, and dispense a treat.
- Do this several times—then get a friend or family member to encourage your pet to respond to the camera while you’re out of the house or in another room. Like any learned behaviour, it just takes practice (and lots of treats).
- 1080P Full HD for an ultra-clear image of your pets
- Superior Night-vision so you can check on your pets in pitch dark without any disturbance
- Smart Sound/Movement Detection so you can be notified immediately when motion, barking and abnormal sound is detected
- Great UI and APP so install easily as well as share pets happy moments with family members
In addition, Nooie IPC100 Cam360 also provides you with pan and tilt functionality with motion tracking so you can capture all the action of your pets in full 360.
Here are some fun pets video taken using our Nooie IPC100 Cam360 Security Camera:
However, if you are looking for pet cameras to allow you to not just see, hear or talk to your pets, but remotely play with them and/or toss them treats you have to consider pet-specific cameras such as Furbo. Furbo can tell when your pets are meowing or barking beyond just alerting you when your cat or dog is running around. It also has a nanny function to alert you when your pet is looking directly at the camera (which it calls a selfie), has been barking for over one minute, crying, or howling. However, note that not all premium functions are available in Singapore due to server restrictions.
The most unique feature of Furbo is its’ ability to toss treats on command. Being pet-centric, its app will walk you through the process of properly introducing the device to your dog to foster a positive association. This pet camera will also make a barking sound when it is about to dispense a treat to get your pet's attention. If used properly this feature can be utilised to distract your dog when it is anxious, pacing, licking, or barking and also to reward your dog when it stops any of those behaviours. Furbo is currently available on sale on Amazon.
SECURITY CAMERA GUIDE
- Security Cameras for your homes
- Choosing a Baby Monitor
- Senior Monitoring & Security System
- Checking your pets with a Pet Camera
- IP Cameras for your business
- Choosing a security camera - types of cameras
- Must have Security Camera features
- Securing your IP Cameras
- Installing your Security Cameras legally
We are 100% online!
No retail stores, giving you greater savings!